Terms and conditions
TERMS OF BUSINESS
- CONTRACT: These are the terms on which we will make a booking for your travel or holiday requirements. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the principal(s) or other supplier(s) (e.g. tour operator/airline/cruise company/accommodation company) named on your receipt(s). We can book you a package holiday, in which case you will have one contract with the principal, or we can book the services that make up your holiday with different principals or suppliers, in which case you will have separate contracts with each of them. As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the principal(s) or supplier(s) or for the services provided by them. The principal’s(s’) or supplier’s (s’) Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them. Our Terms of Business are governed by Scots Law and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland. All travel arrangements which we provide or which are sold through us are not an offer by us to sell any travel arrangements, but an invitation to you to make an offer to the suppliers of the arrangements. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it.
- BOOKING DETAILS: When a booking is made all details will be read back to you. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking with the principal(s) or supplier(s). Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur charges. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport. The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements. The information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customs and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request.
PAYMENT: You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal(s) or supplier(s) who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
- PRICE CHANGES, SURCHARGES AND SCHEDULE ALTERATIONS
The price confirmed to you at the time you make your booking is guaranteed if you pay your full and final balance at that time unless there are exceptional circumstances as detailed below. We cannot however guarantee the price until we are in receipt of full payment, All prices quoted are in pounds sterling but may be subject to change due to currency or fuel surcharges, increases in airfare or third party products or government action, In exceptional circumstances however, there may be instances where a surcharge is levied due to "Force Majeure" or other reasons beyond our control, In the event of a schedule change in your flight we will try to offer the nearest alternative or, after an administrational charge, a total refund,
- CANCELLATION and AMENDMENT: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the principal(s) or supplier(s) may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Terms and Conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) and you must pay us the cancellation or amendment charge stated below. Any free or discounted insurance premium issued would have to be repaid or deducted from any refund due.
- INSURANCE: Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (eg. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance.
- DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS: All documents (eg. invoices/tickets/Insurance policies) that require to be posted will be sent to you by First Class post. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to charges.
- PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH: We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor the principal(s) or supplier(s) accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type. Please ask us for full details. We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances.
- FINAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. Please ask us for details at least 72 hours before your outbound flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming your return flight or arrangements. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
- COMPLAINTS: Because the contract(s) for your travel arrangements is between you and the principal(s) or supplier(s), any queries or concerns relating to the travel arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the principal/supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances. If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the principal/supplier. You will see the name and address plus contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. We will of course assist you with this if you wish - please contact Customer Services. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA Member then it can be referred to the arbitration scheme arranged by ABTA, see www.abta.com
- SERVICE CHARGES: In certain circumstances we apply a service charge/booking fee for the services we provide. Please ask for further details.
- MEMBERSHIPS: We are members of the Association of British Travel Agents ("ABTA") and hold a Air Travel Organiser's Licence ("ATOL") number 3121 issued by the Civil Aviation Authority
YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us
you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially
protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who
to contact if things go wrong."
“We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you
with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable
alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to
do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you
with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra
cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the
alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay
any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that
alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will
not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you
will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card
issuer where applicable).”
“If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to
provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an
alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the
Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit
on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment
or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have
or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services,
including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer
where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to
another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the
Not all holiday or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected
by the ATOL Scheme. Please ask us toconfirm what protection may apply.